10 Steps That Will Make You A Camcorder Pro
Camcorders are the rage and give flight to creativity. Users of camcorders
record home videos, documentaries, and make low budget movies. Camcorders
are user friendly and it only needs a bit of understanding to maximize
Thinking of making footage shine? Here are 10 simple steps that will make
you a camcorder pro:
1. Footage becomes great if you use a dolly or stand to prevent shaking.
Even if you use your shoulder very often even slight vibrations could make a
2. Study the use of lighting and maximize its effects.
Lighting can be used to effectively create atmosphere, lay
emphasis on primary and secondary characters. Lighting
knowledge will teach you about exposure as well as creation
of a frame. So master the art of using lighting to your
advantage. Learn how to use natural sunlight, its inexpensive
3. Use reflectors, these will help you avoid shadows that
form when sunlight is used as a light source.
4. There are in life various shades of white. So you may need
to use a white card or card colors to tune the camcorder into
what is actually white. Many camcorders have a menu option or
button to press. The manual of your camcorder brand will have
5. Booms, microphones dangled from a pole catch sound best without
distortion. Learn about use of microphones and how to prevent distortions.
There are many tips on the internet about microphone types and efficient
placement. According to experts the most efficient are condenser
6. Color is a wonderful tool that affects the character of a film footage.
Have you noticed the cold blue of Minority report or the bleached out
effect in Three Kings?
Be a pro and select a color palette for the film based on the subject,
season, and theme. Make use of color filters and color coordinated
7. Make use of tools like CineLook or Magic Bullet to refine your
camcorder footage. Digital films can take on the hues of real cinema too!
8. Get an outsider to edit the footage for you. Since you are the
camcorder film maker you are too emotionally involved with the film to do
the editing yourself. A professional editor with whom you have established
a good rapport and understanding will be able to do the needful.
9. Once the editing is done burn a couple of CDs and “test” your film.
Experts recommend using Apple iDVD for authoring the DVD. For PC users the
options are Roxio’s DVD Creator or Adobe’s Premier Elements. Powerful
applications include Adobe Encore DVD or Apple DVD Studio Pro.
10. Use the inputs given by your reviews to polish the camcorder film.
Filming with camcorders is not hard at all and you can become as
professional as anyone in Hollywood with a touch of verve, some
imagination, and help from technology.
Most Viewed Pages