20 Ways to Earn Money In Your Spare Time.
As someone who has had several home based businesses, I thought I would
share some ideas for earning extra money on a part time basis. Some of these
ideas are not jobs but nonetheless, they are income producing opportunities.
1. Babysit in your home.
2. Become a caregiver for neighbors' pets while they are on vacation.
3. Sign up with local market research companies to participate in consumer
4. Sell used books on Amazon.com
5. Sell gently used clothes and other items on E-Bay.
6. Sign up to become a secret shopper.
7. Sign up to become an Avon Representative. Your commission
is anywhere from 20% to 50%.
8. Work as a lunch aide in the local elementary school. This
job is for only two hours a day. It's perfect for mothers of
9. Rent out a spare room in your house.
10. Rent your garage to someone who has an antique car or to
someone who lives in an apartment and doesn't have access to
11. During Christmastime, work part-time at a retail store.
Many stores will hire you even if you can only work on
Saturdays (the busiest shopping day).
12. If you are a teacher or have expertise in a school subject, tutor
students in your home.
13. Seasonal jobs can be found at H&R Block Tax services. With the proper
training given by them, you can work each year from January through April.
14. Clean houses while your kids are in school.
15. Become a Weichert Realtor Referral Associate. In this role, you refer
people who are interested in buying a home to a licensed Weichert Realtor.
Your commission is anywhere from several hundred dollars for a modestly
priced home to several thousand for a luxury home.
16. Teach classes at your local adult community school on a topic in which
you are a subject matter expert. Examples are scrapbooking, Disneyworld,
Investments, specific computer applications, E-Bay, etc.
17. Use the website Craig's List to find local jobs which are temporary or
part time. Jobs posted here usually need to be filled quickly.
18. Contact your local Yellow Book office to sign up to deliver phone
books in your area. You are paid per book delivered and this is a
temporary job. However, you must use your own car. You can deduct the
mileage when you file your taxes.
19. Sign up to become a substitute teacher in your town or surrounding
towns. There are usually certain courses that must be completed at a
community college or a university. Check with the school district.
20. Create your own website with content which is interesting to you or on
which you are an expert. Use Site Build It! to build the site and make
money from allowing Google ads to show on your site and by becoming an
affiliate of online merchants which sell goods and services which are are
related to the topic of your website.
Most Viewed Pages